ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
HARLAN COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION (OWNER) will receive proposals
through Codell Construction Company (CM) to furnish all labor and materials to complete the WALLINS ELEMENTARY ADDITION/RENOVATION located at 993 STATE HIGHWAY 219, WALLINS CREEK, KY 40873. Work is to be performed in accordance with plans, specifications, and addenda prepared by SUMMIT ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES (ARCHITECT), SHROUT TATE WILSON CONSULTING ENGINEERS (MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL ENGINEER), and BROWN & KUBICAN STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS (STRUCTURAL ENGINEER).
The Owner reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive all informalities and/or technicalities where the best interest of the Owner can be served. Bid opening will be public, and contracts will be with the Owner.
Drawings, specifications, and the project manual may be obtained by contacting LYNN IMAGING @ 859/255-1021. Questions should be directed in writing to the C.M.’s attention:
Codell Construction Company
4475 Rockwell Road
Winchester, KY 40391
PHONE: (859) 744-2222
FAX: (859) 744-2225
A complete set of Drawings, Specifications, and the project manual requires a refundable deposit of $250.00 payable to HARLAN COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION. A check in the amount of $250.00 will be returned only if a bona fide bid is submitted and the Drawings and Specifications, including the Project Manual, are returned, prepaid, in good condition within 14 days after the bids are opened; otherwise, no refund will be due. If
Drawings and Specifications are to be mailed, arrangements must be made with LYNN IMAGING @ 859/255-1021. Cost of mailing is to be paid for by the Bidder.
Bid documents will be on file at:
- Owner: 251 Ball Park Road, Harlan, KY 40831
- Architect: 3205 Summit Square Place, Lexington, KY 40509
- Mechanical Engineer: 628 Winchester Road, Lexington, KY 40503
- Structural Engineer: 2224 Young Drive, Lexington, KY 40505
- CM: 4475 Rockwell Road, Winchester, KY 40391
- Allied Construction Industries, 3 Kovach Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45215
- Builder’s Exchange of Kentucky, Blue Ash Business Place II, 4350 Glendale-Milford
Road, St. 120, Cincinnati, OH 45242
- F. W. Dodge Digital Plan Room, 1116 Gregory Valley Drive, Hot Springs, AR 71913
- The Blue Book Building & Construction Network, 800 E. Main St , Jefferson Valley,
- ABC Plan Room, 402 Bearden Park Circle, Knoxville, TN 37919
- Builder’s Exchange, 300 Clark Street, Knoxville, TN 37921
- Builders Exchange, 1035 Strader Drive, Suite 100, Lexington, KY 40505
- Builders Exchange, 2300 Meadow Drive, Louisville, KY 40218
- Consruct Connect, 30 Technology Pkwy. S., Ste. 500, Norcross, GA 30092
Bids will be due by December 17, 2019 at 2:00 PM, and will be opened at the HARLAN COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION, 251 BALL PARK ROAD, HARLAN, KY 40831. Each bid must be accompanied by a 5% Bid Bond. The bid will be submitted in duplicate on copies of the Form of Proposal located in the Project Manual. Both copies of the Form of Proposal and Bid Bond shall be placed in a manila envelope and have the Project and Bid Package number affixed. No Bidder may withdraw a bid submitted for a period of sixty (60) days after the date set for the opening of bids. Awards shall be made on the basis of best value.
If a bidder wishes to mail a bid, it should be mailed to: MR. BRENT ROARK,
SUPERINTENDENT, HARLAN COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION, 251 BALL PARK ROAD, HARLAN KY 40831. If bid is mailed, it must be received prior to December 17, 2019 at 2:00 PM. Facsimile bids will NOT be allowed. Bids received after the deadline will not be opened.
A pre-bid conference is scheduled for December 10, 2019 at 11:00 AM at HARLAN COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION, 251 BALL PARK ROAD, HARLAN, KY 40831. All bidders are urged to attend this meeting.
The Project is to be complete within 365 calendar days from the date of the official Notice to Proceed, and liquidated damages are $1,000.00/day thereafter, if the completion date is not met. Successful Bidders are required to furnish a 100% Performance and Labor and Material Payment Bond for this Project.
The following bids are requested:
BP 1 – ASPHALT PAVING
BP 2 – GENERAL TRADES
BP 3 – MASONRY
BP 4 – STEEL
BP 5 – ROOF
BP 6 – DRYWALL
BP 7 – WINDOWS
BP 8 – PAINT
BP 9 – VCT
BP 10 – TILE
BP 11 – FIRE PROTECTION
BP 12 – MECHANICAL AND PLUMBING
BP 13 – ELECTRICAL
HARLAN COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
CODELL CONSTRUCTION COMPANY